Sunday, October 12, 2008
Confessions of a football freak...
It occurs to me as I sit in front of my tv, glued to the Cowboys game, that I am a football addict. Every Sunday is the same. I'm extremely useful and productive, until 1pm. Then all work comes to a complete stop. I gravitate to the tv and become a couch potato for the entire rest of the day. I then proceed to become verbally abusive to players and plays that irritate me and extremely loud and agitated when good things happen. Then I watch the Patriots play and we enter a new realm of experience. I'm not just loud, I'm screaming and shouting. I'm not just rude, I get mad! Tim and Emily drove by my old house once and were laughing at me because instead of being sat on my couch, I was perched on the edge of the coffee table shouting at the tv. How did this happen? Once upon a time I didn't like sports period. I grew up watching the occasional soccer match, but that was about it. One time in Scotland before I married Mike, he asked if I wanted to stay up late and watch the superbowl. I ridiculed him. Then I got married and one monday night, Mike told me he was going to teach me everything he knew about football. He handed me a beer and turned on monday night football. I have never looked back. We were living in CT and I was from England, so it was a no brainer to me that I should support the New England Patriots. 11 years later, I am a freak. I watch every game I can and I'm so sad that even the kids know not to bother me when there's a game on. I wear my Teddy Bruschi shirt with pride, fly my flag and look forward to September with a passion. I frequent message boards, constantly check nfl.com and espn.com and participate in fantasy football, even though I stink at it. What else can I say except that I love football! I absolutely 100% love football and the New England Patriots. I just needed to share my addiction. I'm done now.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I bear witness that all things stated above are truth, and nothing but the truth. Angela Dawn Henri, is in fact, a football crazed fanatic. She has in fact, corrupted me, and I, though not as dedicated, am also on the path to fanaticism. AHHHHH!!!
Post a Comment