There have been alot of birthdays recently and today is no exception. Today it is my Abigail's turn and she is 7! I love all of my children equally, but Abby is perhaps the one who is most like me. Appearance wise and personality wise she reminds me so much of me as a little girl. She is quiet and shy, lacks some confidence but has the sweetest heart. She is extremely sensitive and loves to sing. I think she sometimes feels overshadowed by Jessica, but when she is praised she blossoms. Abby's birth was one of my favourites, if only because she was the only one where I was able to wake Mike up in the middle of the night and say "honey its time". I've never seen Mike move so fast before! We spent several hours watching the weather channel (Mike loves the weather channel) and I remember the nurses asking me if I would tell them when I hit transition, because they couldn't tell by my demeanour. I calmly told them that when it was time, I would tell them and indeed I did. I don't suppose they were used to women who refused pain medication and then quietly and calmly delivered a baby. But that was what I did. She looked like a china doll. Abby was the most beautiful baby and now as a 7 year old she is still beautiful, inside and out. My sweet little girl! Happy birthday Abigail!
3 comments:
Happy Birthday to Abby and her mommy! Hope you guys have lots of fun celebrating away! Love y'all!
Oh Happy Birthday to Abby. I can't wait to see the cake you make/made for her! I wish you had started that when we lived by each other! :)
Happy Happy Birthday Abbie!
I love you!
-Aunt Norma
Post a Comment