Saturday, November 15, 2008

Random thoughts

It occurred to me that I hadn't blogged since Abby's birthday and so I figured I could put a few things on here for anyone who is interested. Mike is back on nights and so we are back to seeing him for just a few hours a week. Always fun for all involved. Jessie has been running for vice president in her class this week. Elections are on Monday and she is very excited. She has also been busy preparing for her mega chorus and mega orchestra concert at Fitch High. All the 5th graders in Groton who do chorus and orchestra are participating and they will be performing along side students from the high school. Josh has been going on multiple field trips. Last week he got to go see the New London Symphony which he loved and then yesterday he went to the nature center, which was also very popular. Abby had to deal with being teased at school this week, which was very upsetting to her. Luckily things improved the next day and she had a good rest of the week. She had a birthday party to attend today and had fun. Ben along with Josh continue to be kings of the playstation. You would not believe how tired I am of hearing the same game being played constantly. The game? Star wars battlefront and its all they like to play. Ironically they're both very good at it. Sam continues to patiently wait for a place to open up at school and passes the time by annoying the daylights out of his Mother. He's a sweetheart! Me? I'm trying to get ready for the holidays early this year as its the first one in 2 years that Mike will be here the whole time. Even though Thanksgiving is not a holiday I celebrated before coming to the States, I think the idea of celebrating something that is so positive and that brings families together is such a good thing. Its not easy when you're a military family to be together, but this year we can be and I'm so looking forward to having us all together. Anyway, longwinded but there you have it. You are all up to date. Aren't you glad?!!!

No comments: