Friday, December 5, 2008

Chloe-Anne







I know, I know! I'm a few days late, but that doesn't demean the importance of Chloe-Anne's first birthday. This year is the first one in 4 years that Mike hasn't deployed and its been special to have him home to share her birthday, even if he wasn't there for the birth. Chloe-Anne's birth, yes that was very special. I've been fortunate that in 6 kids, Chloe-Anne's arrival was the only one that Mike wasn't here for. In many ways this was deliberate on our part. We had the option of Mike deploying before her birth or after. We both felt that it was more important for him to be there for the first 4 months of her life. I still don't regret that, but it was sad to not have him there at her birth. I was lucky to have my dear friend Emily there with me. She was fun, entertaining and supportive and made it go by very quickly. Sharing my daughter's birth with her was definately a bonding moment. So here we are one year in and what a year! Chloe-Anne's siblings adore her. I can't begin to tell you how often they love on her, cuddle her, pick her up or play with her. You might think after 5 kids already that they might feel insecure about another baby, but nothing could be further from the truth. Chloe-Anne has bought us together more than ever before. I like to think that she is my gift from God. It is said that when God takes something away from us, he gives something back. In this case he took my Mum. Out of that pain he gave me Chloe-Anne. We didn't plan her. We didn't expect her and yet there she was. The moment I knew I was pregnant, I knew it would be a girl. I also knew I wanted to name her after my Mum, hence the Anne part. Obviously she doesn't compensate my loss, but when I look at her, I know how happy and proud my Mum would be. My daughter is a special gift to our family. She is your typical 1 year old. Into everything, cruising around and on the brink of walking. We are blessed to have her in our lives. Happy 1st birthday my Chloe-Anne!

3 comments:

ems5boys said...

I have been watching for this post and been sad not to have seen it! Glad to see you finally blogged it out! Glad I could share the moment! Love you and Chloe-Anne both! My favorite part will always be how you found out you were pregnant! HAHAHA!

Your favorite sister said...

You are so good Angie. Happy
Birthday to your little one! What a great thought that she is there not really but in a way kind of take place of your Mom.

And looking at the comment above mine, how did you find out?

Angie said...

Emily and I were in walmart and I knew there was a remote possibility but didn't think it would really be true. Anyway, she persuaded me to take a test in walmart. I did and in previous pg's it showed up immediately. It did not, so I threw the test in the trash and went out and told Em it was neg. She said that hers had taken several mins to show up and so I felt compelled to go in, search the trash and dig it out. Sure enough it was positive! I'm such a goober. Hope you get past that 1st trimester quickly and feel better!