Last night our family made a gingerbread house that Mike's parents sent us. The kids had lots of fun with it and it seemed that everyone had a different idea of how to decorate it. At first I resisted the freestyle that the kids wanted to do. I wanted to copy one of the pictures on the box so it would look awesome. Then I realized that my perfectionism was kicking me in the butt again. The kids were just looking to have fun, not make it look like the one on the box. Sometimes I get so caught up in something being perfect that it actually prevents me from getting on and doing something productive. I end up not even trying because I can't do it the way I want to , instead of just doing what I can. Simple but true! Funny thing is the end result was awesome. Jess made her part pretty, Josh made his part look like guitar hero notes and the other guys just liberally put candy on any spare frosting. It was cute and they had a blast. Sometimes I just need to get over myself!
1 comment:
Accually you need to get OVER yourself ALOT!! WITCH!!
Post a Comment