Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Happy 4th birthday Sammy!


Today is my little (not so little now) Sammy's birthday. Of all my children, Sam's birth was the most difficult and his arrival into the world frank breech was definately memorable! Sam has definately caused me lots of hair raising moments in the last 4 years. His bout with rsv and consequent stay in the hospital was scary. I felt great relief when the drs finally figured out that he had a milk protein allergy and that's why he had such slow weight gain. The worst day of my entire life was when he fell out of our 2nd story window onto concrete. I remember looking out of the window and thinking that my baby was going to be dead and my heart stopped. I nearly flew down the stairs to reach him. He came away with a tiny scrape on his back, whereas I had aged several years. He has continued to find himself in the thick of trouble as time has gone by and that's alot of what I love about him. He is the only one of the kids that has his Daddy's eyes, hazel. Of course he also gets his blonde hair from Mike too! He makes my heart swell in so many ways. Every morning when he comes downstairs, the first words out of his mouth are "good morning Mommy!" and it never fails to make me smile. Sam loves anything that drives and if it doesn't have wheels, he'll pretend that it does and drive it anyway! You'll constantly find him moving some book or toy around the floor making vroom vroom noises. He loves watching curious george (go figure!) and spongebob. He tries so hard to be like his big brothers and yet loves to cuddle with Mommy and Daddy. He especially likes fire trucks and so today for his birthday party, he has a fire truck cake (hopefully!). My Mum only got to see Sammy the one time when he was 4 months old and yet I know that she would be so proud of him and amazed by him just as we are. I'm so looking forward to Grandma and Grandpa getting to see him (and of course all the others) next month. Family is so important and knowing their grandparents is a big part of that. We're so excited to be seeing them. Well, I have a cake to go frost and a party to get ready for, so thanks for reading about my birthday boy Sammy. He's very special! Samuel David Henri..... happy 4th birthday!

2 comments:

Your favorite sister said...

I vaguely remember him coming home from the hospital, but I remember the day he fell out of the window vividly! I remember the frantic call when I was in line at Wal Mart!

I am so glad that he is doing so well and brings so much joy to your lives! Happy Birthday Sammy!

Lissasmomma1 said...

What is just so funny is, when Sammy was born, I was THERE! I was the one WHO TOLD you Sammy had RSV! I was the ONE who called EVERYONE in CHURCH to PRAY for SAMMY when he fell out of the WINDOW! And DID YOU MENTION ME IN YOUR BLOGG???!!!?? NO BUT PRESIOUS EMILY gets mentioned in Chloes bday one! Funny I sem to remember me asking couldn't Sammy be BREACHED when HE was in distress at BIRTH!! Its funny what a two face backstabbing UNGREATFULL PERSON YOU ARE!!! You need 2 go back 2 the *UK* the US doesn't need YOU!!!! You wouldn't of EVEN taken Sammy to the hospital IF I HADN'T TOLD YOU HE HAD RSV!!! Heck t5hrough 5 KIDS you allowed them NOT to get the nutrian they NEEDED cause YOU were worried about OVERWEIGHT KIDS! I would of DONE something when I notied my BABY was as SKINNY & SICKLY looking as ABBY was!!!