10 years ago today my life changed. It changed in the most amazing, challenging and wonderful way possible. I became a Mom. Up until that moment, I had lived a typical life of doing whatever I wanted to do. I was number 1 in my life and the only people I really had to look out for were myself and my husband. And then in an instant everything changed. I was holding a beautiful little baby girl in my arms and I was her everything. She needed me for food, comfort, love and to keep her safe and for the last 10 years I have endeavoured to do just that. Jessie made me become a better person. I truly understood that it was better to give than receive and yet by giving to her, I received unconditional love and she trusted me with her life. I feel so blessed by being her Mom. Jessie has an amazing capacity for love. Her heart is sweet and she wears her emotions on her sleeves always. Its never difficult to know what's going on with her. She is smart and beautiful and yet at times so ditzy that you shake your head in amazement! She is an avid reader, loves music and is currently learning to cook and loving that too. This little girl is rapidly becoming an amazing woman and I feel privileged to go on this journey with her. The future's so bright, she's gotta wear shades! First stop 5th grade, next the world! Anyway, Jessie had a nice birthday. She loves her nintendo ds and wanted to go to outback for dinner. Her birthday party is on Saturday and hopefully it won't rain as its a luau party! And that's my Jessie!
4 comments:
Happy Birthday to Jessie. Harm got the same DS for her b-day! And a luau to boot, these girls are still so similiar aren't they?!
Good luck with the no rain!:)
Next up is your birthday right Marie! Happy almost birthday!
Happy Birthday to Jessie! And, to Angie... because I still maintain that it's your birthday too because you "birthed" that day! :)
Don't remind me Angie! :)
Post a Comment